Thursday 4 December 2008

On being a weeble....


Started a new therapeutic approach with J today. It will help, I think, but I am feeling very tired tonight, and rather overwhelmed by new memories and connections. That's what the process is partly about, though, so I am trying to go with it and ride it. Today was an easier day for me, fortunately, in that I had more ability to direct my own time. Tomorrow is a full teaching day so I am hoping that a good night's sleep will recharge and rebalance me.
I didn't go to yoga - a combination of being worn out and having a meeting which left me with only 15 minutes to change and go out again. I think it was the best decision. I've been watching some TV instead, having written down reactions and thoughts from the therapy. Writing things down is such a helpful tool for me - it enables me to process things.
Thanks for your encouraging comments. I'm trying to keep moving in the right direction - or at least to follow the example of the weebles*.
*"weebles wobble but they don't fall down."

4 comments:

La-reve said...

I like that analogy. Rocking back and forth but never toppling. And glad you are taking some YOU time. I am also glad things went well with J, but am still unhappy that you are having to pay for any useful support. Take Care x

Anonymous said...

Oh, La-reve beat me to it! I was just going to say kudos on a great analogy, I'm going to remember that next time I have a wobble!

Lola x

Catherine said...

What kind of approach is it?

Disillusioned said...

Thanks.

Catherine, it's called "Life span integration".

The first session caused some fall-out and Friday was very hard; I felt very tearful. Dr K's response didn't help hugely.