Tuesday 17 June 2008

Looking forward

One of the things my ex-psychologist spoke a lot about was the importance of having things to look forward to. I've got one of those coming up this weekend as I head to Oxford for a Farmington weekend.
Back in 2000 I had a term's sabbatical where I carried out "research" (in the loosest of terms!) into ways of using the Internet in teaching RE - it was all very novel in those days. Now I get invited back for a weekend conference every year, to hear other people talk about their research and be wined and dined. I didn't go last year as I was really not well enough, either when I needed to book or at the time of the conference. But this year I am really looking forward to it. So, on Friday, I will leave school and head straight to Oxford. What's more, it means I will miss the school summer fair as well!

No comments: