Friday 7 September 2007

Result!

I had an email today from the Trust's Freedom of Information Office. A very helpful and encouraging email. They have sent me the information I requested in terms of the policies I asked for and was refused. They have also sent me a full apology for the fact that I was refused these policies by the Patient Advisory Service, and an assurance that they are investigating why the proper advice was not sought. They are also looking at my other request (for statistical information) and will respond to me regarding that as soon as possible.

To add to that, I have had an email from one of the Trust directors saying that she will be beginning an immediate review of my complaint from the start of the process and, following that, I will be offered a meeting to discuss what has happened and what steps need to be taken.

AND it sounds like my CMHT notes have finally been transferred from my old team to my new one, following my request at the end of last week for that to happen. So at my next meeting with my new CPN, I should be able to look at my notes and see how many errors are in there.

Just to add to the catalogue of errors from BLPT, however, how's this for a method of dealing with complaints:
I make a complaint about M to the Complaints Office.
The Complaints Office appoints an investigating officer to look into my complaint and write a report.
That investigating officer is ... M herself.

Now does that strike any of you as a recipe for making the investigation fair to all parties and demonstrably unbiased?

I'm quite looking forward to that part of their response...

5 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Just have friends around when you read your notes, am told it's crockery breaking time!

****You are a fabulous person****

(thought I'd get an objective fact in straight away)

Caroline said...

you are indeed - fabulous that is, and tenacious, and strong, and amazing.

hope this week goes well too and you get sensible responses tot he other complaints,

and if you need any help smashing crockery...
xC

awareness said...

Hi Caroline. Sorry i havent left many comments of late. It seems like my own life right now is a bit convoluted........but straightening out. :)

I can't believe the investigative plan you describe here. It sounds like how the RCMP in this country investigate themselves. ya, right.

I hope school is not too stressful and you're able to find a sense of balance to your days every now and then. Working moms deserve a spa day every other week.

take care

Caroline said...

hiya - hope you're doing ok?
thinking of you
xC

Disillusioned said...

mmp - have just asked my CPN (who I am trusting as much as I can trust anyone in that organisation right now) to filter the records, not to remove anything from my sight but to allow me to look at them separately and in a controlled way. Rather anxious about it.

To you and to Caroline, your positive comments about me encouraged me so much. Thank you. (Watch out for the poitn at which I really start to believe them though - I could be quite scary then, methinks!) Caroline, crockery breaking and office trashing are still possibilities in my diary.

Dana, sorry life has been convoluted for you. Yeah, love the way organisations investigate themselves - seems it's the same the world over. School is good right now - hoping it continues that way. Spa day sounds an idea - a conversation with my CPN reminded me yesterday of the importance of self nurturing. Actually, a hair cut needs to be placed on the agenda somewhere, before my lengthening fringe drives me to distraction!