Wednesday 1 April 2009

Counting down...

...tomorrow is my consultancy day. Big sighs, small smiles. That I can cope with. Am looking forward to being on the receiving end of some training rather than giving it - I have a session booked with one of the regional trainers. If nothing else it will hopefully show me I am telling others how to do things "properly"! I expect to pick up some useful tips and tricks as well.

Also tomorrow is my session with J. I know it will be useful but am slightly apprehensive; there's a lot of bottled up stuff inside me. Am thinking about whether I can book in some extra sessions over the holidays, to try to process a little faster.

Then the last day of term - assemblies and events. Then... the holidays!

What is in store?
Well, space, for one thing. Hopefully time to sleep and rest and regain some energy. Time to sew. I'm hoping for time to go and do some genealogy. Reading - I want to go to the library and stock up on some undemanding books. Have recently discovered Harlan Cohen's books - something outside my "normal" reading style, but interesting and enjoyable.
Cooking. I need to stock up our freezers. It's something of a chore, but also rewarding.
I really hope the weather will allow me to do some gardening. I've been thinking about hiring a skip; our garden is still very "raw", and a large part of this is because the soil is so rubbish! I've dug out a couple of beds and refilled them with compost, but getting rid of the clay is a challenge. I've been taking barrows of it up to the open land (farmland) and putting it into the hedgerows. But it makes for a major task. If I hire a skip (and find a plank to wheel the barrow up!) it ought to be possible to dig out a few beds, fill them with some kind of compost and plant them up. I'm tempted by the idea of a fruit bed - raspberry canes, blackberries, strawberries, that sort of thing. Maybe even a small apple tree (we already have a cherry tree). So getting a skip is a possibility and planting out a couple of beds is another thing which I think could be extremelly rewarding.

That's the extent of my plans so far.

How about everyone else?

4 comments:

Polar Bear said...

well, I hope you enjoy your holidays. I've always envied people who worked in education - they get these long holidays. Time and space is a good thing to have.

Disillusioned said...

Yeah - long holidays, short hours...

If only...

(I might feel a little more positive about the "benefits" if I weren't so $%*&ing exhausted right now).

Fiona Marcella said...

I do hope that you have enjoyed the good weather today and have been in the garden. We are fortunate in our soil in that it is exceptionally easy to dig. It's not very fertile and can dry out into a sandpit within a day, but it's easy to dig! I have been digging with god-daughter, god-daughter's sister and two of their young friends. I hate to say it but the friends, who are boys were much better at digging than the girls. We dug up some potatoes which had been lurking since last year and we ate them as chips - lovely.

Disillusioned said...

Thanks Marcella.
Skip duly ordered for tomorrow. Have marked out soon-to-be hole and bought lots of fruit bushes. I even have a massage booked for the afternoon - I'll probably need it!