Friday 5 September 2008

End of week 1

A successful day, I think. I managed to be fairly assertive with our technician without getting into a confrontation. I have the data I need in order to add pupils to the learning platform. Got frustrated a few times - with waiting around for someone who said they wanted to see me but was then too busy doing other things... When time is short, it's hard to be hanging around waiting. Waiting isn't my strong point - I like to do, to sort, to finish...

The last lesson of the day wasn't brilliant. A difficult class, who had just had PE, and before that a wet lunchtime (so they were indoors - not good), and the end of the day, end of the week. Decided on reflecting that I had done all I could to make the lesson successful - it was down to them, not me. Ah well. A new week on Monday.

More positively I went to the gym after work, and a friend came round - we had a great gossip. And it is the weekend. I don't have to get up early tomorrow. I can take some time to go in to town, maybe choose some books, do some shopping... All good.

On Tuesday I see J again. All good.

2 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

"i like to do, to sort , to finish"

school work can be.

housework can be.

statutory mental health provision?
i rather think maybe not....

not right at this moment in the history of nhs mental health services anyway.

Disillusioned said...

Too true....