Wednesday 3 September 2008

Another good one

In fact, I had the best night's sleep last night that I have had in ages. That helped!

Three teaching lessons, two non teaching today. All the lessons went well - I enjoyed them and the pupils seemed to as well. I even managed to sit down (very briefly!) at one point. Technology was more of my friend today than yesterday - though I seemed to spend quite a lot of time sorting out other people's technical issues! (Funny - I thought that was what the technicians were supposed to do....)

More positive feedback from colleagues - particularly about the ICT lessons I have prepared. They were very appreciative that everything is provided for them in terms of lesson plans and resources.

The one fly in the ointment is semi-technical; I am involved in a project in school (and, in a consultancy role, across the county) which needs pupils to be entered onto a system. There's a quick way to do this (would take me about a couple of hours max) and a slow way. The slow way is more efficient, since data would be automatically updated as pupils enter or leave the school, but it will (it seems) take a month or more to set up. I was promised the pupils would all be entered onto the system in the first two weeks of term. Now they won't be. I'm tearing my hair out because it has huge implications for me, both in terms of lessons I have planned (using this project as a tool) and in terms of my role in the project. It's VERY frustrating.

No comments: