Monday 4 June 2007

Back to work

Well, it's arrived - the first part of my phased return to work. I'm going in for two hours of teaching today - ICT lessons both.

Not surprisingly I am feeling a bit apprehensive, but the suggestion from my psychologist to actively imagine the worst that can happen and evaluate its likelihood of actually happening has worked so far. I have thought out solutions for the more possible problems - though I must admit I will feel some relief when I have managed to log my computer onto the school network and not had to copy files across to another working laptop!

I'll let you know how it goes. I've put in lots of support this week - this afternoon I have a massage; tomorrow morning I have a psychotherapy session; Thursday I see my CPN and Friday my GP to review how the week has gone. Just 6 hours of teaching this week, Monday - Wednesday, so it should be eminently manageable and I *will* be fine.

I hope.

2 comments:

awareness said...

I wish you well Caroline. I do believe you will do better than well. You have developed new "tools" for your life toolbox....

one step at a time..... :)

Rainbow dreams said...

thinking of you, hope it all went well today, Katie,x