Friday 16 March 2007

Still here...

...and not quite sure how or why. The random acts of kindness coming my way are a major factor I know. The faith of others in me and for me, the arrows of prayers sent up on my behalf - all these are holding me and I am starting to feel that.

Yesterday evening my closest friend from school came round. Very opportune, as hubby was out and I felt very unsafe. She was there when I was phoned with an "explanation" of why I have still not been contacted by management (to summarise, I am just not high enough on their list of priorities right now) and was there to hold me while I cried afterwards.

Yesterday Kathryn offered her time and support so generously.

I saw my GP and he offered his support. Then afterwards, as I broke down in front of the receptionists in tears, they listened, and one came out to hug me and reassure me that I have done nothing wrong.

Today I logged on to find such thoughtful and supportive comments here. I read of total strangers thinking of me and praying for me.

Today my husband picked up how difficult things are and offered to take the girls to school, to save me the drive and allow me to take the valium the GP prescribed for me.

I'm overwhelmed by such kindness and warmth, particularly as I feel so worthless. Thank you all so much.

I'm trying to take on earlier advice and tackle things one step at a time. I've promised my husband and my friend that I will eat some lunch today (yesterday I ate only half a slice of toast). My other target for change will be the self harm.

3 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

You might feel worthless,
you do feel it and it feels so real to you. now. today.

permit us to be objective and to disagree with your annalysis of yourself!

You might not like you.
But we happen to!

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Caroline, I've just read through some of your previous posts, and want to send warm thoughts from me over here.
Taking things one step , one thing at a time sounds good and to start with looking after the basic things like food, even if you don't feel like it is important...
Take care, and let yourself be taken care of too... you're special, Happy Mothers day for tomorrow and a gentle hug from a stranger if thats ok...
Katie

Disillusioned said...

Thank you, Katie, for the warm thoughts and the hugs.

Sadly there is no-one to really take care of me in 3D - I'm the mum and that seems to be my role. So I am doubly grateful for the care shown here.

Mothers day is shared, this year, with husband's birthday. I think that is going to take precedence - which reminds me, must go and wrap presents!
thnak you.