Monday 25 May 2009

The broken place

Here I am
In the broken place.
Surrounded by fragments.

Promises echo from the walls
Of those who can reform Humpty Dumpty
The potter who makes all things new
The fixer, the great mysteries of Time.

They all sound hollow.

You are not in my brokenness.
You come from a place of wholeness
Safe in your still place.

What do you know of the tornado which has ripped me into shreds?

Look at me now.
Look closely.
Don't filter this through your tinted glasses.
This is my life.
This is my mess.
These are my pieces
Scattered, fragmented, distorted.


It's easy to say it will all be OK.

But look now.

Because here I am
In the broken place
In fragments.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

And in that place of brokenness, the one who was utterly broken is already making all things new. You simply have to wait,and sit with the pain, - you aren't alone.

Rainbow dreams said...

We are all broken in different ways, we can't know one anothers brokeness, but we can be with one another - and thank you for that e mail the other day - even in your pain reaching out to others... you are lovely, thank you, x

JaneB said...

How are you doing?