Friday 9 January 2009

Lost

I had my last session with J yesterday before she goes on holiday. My next session is in three weeks time. Gulp. It was a good session though - very useful.

All was going well; I had a positive phone conversation witha colleague about the support work I am doing; went into my own school to do some support work with a couple of staff there - and then set off for a meeting. The meeting was at a school I had never been to before, in Mandy's neck of the woods. I googled it and printed off a map of where it was, then set out.

I drove around the area for 45 minutes. Couldn't find it, or anything that looked like it. I ended up in a complete panic, totally lost.
I phoned my friend who was running the meeting to tell her I wasn't going to be able to make it. She (having SatNav) came out to find me. I cried in her car for a long time.

Feel very wobbly still today. Lots tied up in this, I know - it wasn't just about being lost on the way to a meeting. Feel forced into going into work today when I know it would help me a lot to take a day off to recover from this desperate feeling I have, but there you go. Am hoping I will pull things together this weekend.

6 comments:

Fiona Marcella said...

What a very nasty experience.

I'm such a hopeless navigator that I get lost myself on a regular basis. I wouldn't recommend it as a learning experience, but you do get used to it!

Here's hoping that today isn't too bad and that the weekend provides time to rest and recuperate.

That's not my name! said...

H C

Is good that the sessions are helping you. I know that sounds crass but J is someone that seems to be there for you and in a professional capacity. Can understand worries that you won't be seeing her for a few weeks. For some of us one professional (be it in the NHS or private sector) can make all the difference.

I know i have concerns about private care but if J is providing something good for you I am not going to knock that :>)

Hope you get through today without too much stress and can relax over the weekend.

La-reve said...

Hi
sorry you had traumatic time. I hope work was bearable and the weekend is better x

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

gulp. well done for getting through it all...

Kathryn said...

You will find your way home, I promise

Disillusioned said...

Thank you all.