Wednesday 30 April 2008

Wednesday morning, 5.30 am!


Postcard above courtesy of a photo by MMP.
It's a bit tough at the moment - too many demands, lots going on. E is preparing for her GCSEs (apparently she has 9 school days remaining - scary thought). Lots of additional demands at work - targets, boxes to tick, meaningless meetings, mew projects.

The power going off at 5.30 am this morning really didn't help. A direct consequence was my radio alarm going off at the same time. So then I had to make sure it was turned off )not on snooze) and reset the clock and the alarm for their normal times (6.30am in our house). Of course I didn't get straight back to sleep... The day proper then began with a trip to the hospital for a blood test, requested by my GP, followed by a standard day of teaching. My non-teaching lesson was taken up with new technologies, finding out how new kit works, and my lunch time by more of the same plus supporting a colleague. Fortunately an early return home, but I am very tired tonight. so apologies for the distinct lack of interesting posts here - things are OK, but it's all just a bit of a slog at the moment. It will improve - what passes for "normal service" will hopefully be resumed shortly.

4 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

How cool is that, thank you!
Do hope your world turns the right way up soon

Disillusioned said...

You're welcome - thank you!

I think it's all the right way up, just in a bit of overload! I'm coping (more or less) - not slipping into the dreaded depression, more tired and weary. I should see it as a "learning opportunity" maybe...

Made by Mandy said...

Hi C

You are really good (and some) at these patchwork pictures.

Sounds like a hectic day for you. Hope you got some unwind time and that your Thursday is a gentler one for you.

Disillusioned said...

Thank you Mandy. As you will see from today's post, I did take some unwinding time today, and the school day ended up a bit gentler too.