Friday 7 March 2008

Working hard

I can drown myself while I am teaching, focusing on the pupils. Maybe this is why I make my lessons so interactive and am so involved and energetic during them - because when I have quieter times I am finding it really hard at the moment.

I went out for a walk at lunch time today and that was good. I just walked down to the shop to buy a sandwich - was out for about 20 minutes. The sun was shining and I burnt off some nervous energy.

But at quieter times I feel overwhelmed by what I am remembering and trying to accept. Hopefully the workbook will arrive today.

5 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

Ditto on the feeling overwhelmed at quieter times.

What I need to do with my quieter times is to let go...but feel safe to do so.

Glad you got out in the sunshine though. Wasn't it glorious this morning?

And in regards to the book. I will put up things I find of use on my blog...so you can have a look and they might be of use to you too. Might not...but is something eh?

Hope your weekend brings some gentleness and calm inside.

Disillusioned said...

Thanks, Mandy. Yes, the sunshine was lovely.

Am doing a sewing day tomorrow - making fabric boxes this time.

Made by Mandy said...

A sewing day sounds good, D

Would love to see some of your creations. Obviously, only if you feel able to share and can put them on your blog.

I made lots of lettering for my cards last night, to try and stave off the heebies.

Not sure about tomorrow.

But am back to making oriental cards because they are my favs and I can change the colourings on the inside and then improvise on the outside. Might try some more of that or maybe just have a long, long, lie in.

I really need some restful sleep.

Disillusioned said...

OK, Mandy. Will try to do so. Am shy about posting them though...

Hope you do get a better night tonight. Lie ins are good...

Catherine said...

I can be more "normal" around my students than anyone else because we have so many things going on in the classroom. Planning times are hard though.