1. I find it hard to recognise when I am feeling angry.
2. When I am in a situation where others might recognise and express anger I have many of the physical symptoms associated with anger eg racing heartbeat, feeling of a tight band around my head.
3. My initial response to an anger-inducing situation is often to want to run away.
4. Another frequent reaction of mine is to blame myself or turn anger inwards.
5. If I am able to talk situations over with someone I trust it helps me to recognise and process anger in a more healthy way.
6. I am afraid of anger in myself and in others.
7, I find it easier to recognise anger in myself when it is in situations where i don't have face to face contact with the person I am angry with.
8. Accepting that I can feel angry towards people I have a relationship with or care about is very difficult for me; I automatically assume there is something wrong with me.
9. I hate disagreements or arguments.
10. Just thinking about anger scares me.