Thursday 5 July 2007

This week

I have begun counting down to the end of term, in the hope that we will all make it.

Younger daughter is so unhappy at school that it is tearing me apart. Her sense of isolation is dragging her down, and her unhappiness is dragging me down. I'm sure the other pupils in the class don't realise how unhappy she is but nobody seems to know what to do about it.

Elder daughter is fine, but (like the rest of us) tired. Hooray for one light in our house!

H heard that a friend of his, a lecturer in Bristol, died suddenly and completely unexpectedly from a heart attack. That has really shaken him - said friend was his age, and very fit. To add to his grief, H's closest friend, who was a colleague at work, died in the same circumstances five years ago, and this have brought it all back to him.

In a follow up to that, H was asked (at the funeral) to consider applying for his friend's job when it was advertised. Major changes there, then.

I'm weepy and exhausted, struggling to keep worries under control. Next Tuesday sees my final appointment with the psychologist. My CPN is still off work, sick, and although I emailed her superior to let her know things were deteriorating (as she told me to do), I got no reply. I see my GP tonight and I think I have to talk to him about whether I need to return to my high dose of meds. That's something I don't want to do, if only because I am slowly losing weight since I reduced the dose.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

horrible circumstnaces - but ohh yes - come to bristol!
love and hugs - thinking of you and knowing that you can make it
xC

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Hugs from someone else counting down the days.

Kathryn said...

Watching our children being unhappy is the hardest thing ever ever ever...and I'm so sorry there have been so many other burdens to bear this week.
I'm praying for you every day...and the countdown is accelerating to the end of term in these parts.
Take care x