Tuesday 1 July 2008

Oh boy!

I am tired. Energy reserves are low and I am finding it hard right now. Not in terms of feeling depressed, just so so tired.

Today was another manic day at the office. Full on teaching day. We are trying out an adjustment to the school day (just in terms of when the breaks happen) and that makes things different - and different at this time of the term isn't always good, though I have to say the change seems to make the morning go faster. Morning lessons went OK - English and ICT. Pushed the boat out in ICT and introduced some of the pupils to their new Learning Platform accounts, which they loved. Of course, it was stressful for me because a couple of accounts needed sorting out to make them work properly. However, that was OK.

First lesson after lunch should have been Maths. Only the fire bell went, within five minutes of the lesson starting. We all knew it wasn't a drill - the head teacher, deputy and one of the two assistant heads were all out of school for the day! So we had the whole school on the playground, all asking us what was going on. We had to wait for the fire brigade to come in and clear the building. Turned out that the glass across one of the alarm points had been broken. Later turned out that it was an accident. But a huge disruption to the lesson, and to the next too because the pupils were so unsettled. Ah well. The good thing is that I don't need to plan my next Maths lesson, because I can do the one I should have done today!

Tomorrow our oldest pupils are visiting the schools they will be attending in September, which will result in an easier teaching day for me. In the afternoon I am chairing a meeting with our feeder schools, looking at assessment in ICT. Am looking forward to that - it will be good to meet with staff and hopefully profitable too.

3 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

No wonder you are tired C,

From reading I can see it has been a high demand, minimul breather, day.

Hope you get chance to recharge your batteries, tonight, (maybe with some you time) for the busy day ahead

x

Disillusioned said...

Thank you Mandy.

Not sure I have recharged tonight. Finding it impossible (again) to do anything positive in the evenings. Am in survival mode I think.

Made by Mandy said...

Hi again C

Sometimes survival is the best we can achieve but really hoping you get some unwind time at some point.

Think you are doing brilliant though, so try not to go beating yourself up.

Hugs x