Tuesday 18 September 2007

Personal DNA

Well, Kathryn, you got me onto it too:



Apparently I'm a Generous Thinker.

The comments add up - few surprises - but the summary does surprise me. I guess I'm used to thinking of myself as rather stupid really, so to be labelled as a thinker contradicts my notions of myself. Food for thought, certainly.

Also, I've been tagged by Katie at Rainbow Dreams. Here's the challenge:
The middle name game:
List one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog post containing your middle name game facts. At the end of your blog post you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Actually, Katie, you nearly scuppered me, because we share the same middle name. Accordingly I have not read your entry, for fear of losing any sense of originality and honesty!

is for journey. I can see how far I have come from where I was. That's not intended as a boast, because where I was was pretty dire ion terms of my self beliefs and my view of the world. I've still got a long way to go, but I am so much further along the path and, what is more important, travelling in the right direction. I don't know how long the path is, or how much further I have to travel, but I do know that I am travelling now, rather than stuck in the swamp as I was not that long ago.



is for arts. I'm not an artist, but I am creative. I love making things - sewing, card making, knitting, gardening.... It's a big part of my life.



is for notes. Musical ones and written ones. Both important to me.



is for encourager. Not me, though I'd like to be, but my appreciation of the many of you have fulfilled this role for me over my blogging times, and who continue to do so. I wouldn't be here (in many senses) without you. Thank you all. I hope you know who you are. If you are reading this, the chances are you are in this group.


Kathryn, Caroline, Dana, Marcella - TAG, you're it!

9 comments:

Fiona Marcella said...

oooh - what happens if you've got an apostrophe in your middle name? (I know, my parents were remarkably cruel when I think of it, and to think my daughter is cross with the middle name she got saddled with). Actually I have two middle names, one of which is Marcella, so which one to choose?

Disillusioned said...

lol I guess you get to choose - and maybe to be creative as well, as far as the apostrophe goes!

Rainbow dreams said...

love your list Caroline Jane :)

Disillusioned said...

thank you, Katie

Caroline said...

um, as another Caroline Jane i'm kind of struggling for inspiration..as, clearly did our parents (!)

i shall think on it! your liset is nice tho. my inital thoughts are all negative adjectives, I can't figure out wheteher they are 'allowed or not.

Disillusioned said...

Oh dear, Caroline....

(did your parents insist that your name was pronounced Carolyn as mine did? It's caused years of confusion and explanations!)

awareness said...

Great list Caroline......

I've completed mine.....come see :)

Caroline said...

no - mine were adamant it was determinedly caro- line. a friend was a 'carolyn' and i always envied her because I thought it was a much prettier name.

Kathryn said...

OH whoops...I've only just realised that I'm supposed to be responding. So sorry. Been that sort of week. I will ponder the enormity of my middle name (which could have been worse, as my mother was intent on Charlotte till her best friend snatched it only weeks before...not that I dislike the name, but it does have too many letters)...and try and write something soon.
No promises, though!