Thursday 7 June 2007

Grrr...

I had a phone call from my head today, ostensibly to find out how my first few days have gone. However, he didn't want to hear about or address the issues that were raised in my back to work meeting (and not dealt with then) and which have resurfaced already. Specifically the issue of noise. No surprise really. But having recognised that my anger and frustration are a realistic and appropriate response, my challenge is in trying to move on and not dwell on it. I talked it through with a friend and that helped a bit, but my annoyance keeps niggling away at me. I want to just leave it behind, acknowledge that it is annoying and that it is about "his stuff" not "my stuff" and then put it down. Maybe I need to develop something like a worry box, or write it down and burn it or something. I have the feeling I need to do something concrete about it. Any suggestions? How do you deal with anger? I've buried mine (or turned it into self blame and guilt) for so long that I really don't know what to do with it now I am allowing myself to feel it.

Other than that it has been a good day. No teaching today or tomorrow, as part of my phased return. I went to the gym this afternoon and had a good workout. did some sewing and computer gaming this morning. I'm thinking of taking a stall to try to sell some of my craft work, but haven't decided whether or not to commit myself to it yet. The stall would be at the school fair, which is a little off-putting...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

hiya! sounds like its been a tough journey today, thanks for being able to tell us how it's going.

can you get some photos of your craft work up? i'd lvoe to see what you make.

i'm not doing well with anger at the moment (As sally will tell you) so i'm afraid i have no wrods of wisdom there.

have a self indulgent day tomorrow and take care
love
Caroline

Fiona Marcella said...

Hmmmm - anger? I tend to drive too fast or to kick wheelie bins, neither of which are to be recommended. Talking it through or burning it off at the gym are probably both much better alternatives. Well done for trying them.

Disillusioned said...

I like the idea of kicking wheelie bins... Actually, have found that playing loud music helps too, especially SheDaisy's "Get Over Yourself"...